To run a virus scan, follow these steps:
- In the Advanced section of the cPanel home screen, click Virus Scanner.
- Under Start a New Scan, select which directory you want to scan.
There are 4 options available for scanning:
- Scan Mail: This option scans the mail directory, looking for viruses in sent and recieved e-mails.
- Scan Entire Home Directory: This option scans all the files in your hosting account.
- Scan Public Web Space: This option scans the public_html directory, looking for infected web site files or threats.
- Scan Public FTP Space: This option scans the public_ftp directory, looking for infected files or threats.