What is Index Manager, and How can you change its settings?
The Index Manager enables you to control how directories on your web site are displayed. If there is no index.html in a particular directory, the contents of the directory will be displayed to the browser. This is usually undesirable and can cause security issues. You can set the four different options for any directory through the Index Manager:
* Default System Setting Use the system setting for your hosting machine. This is set for all directories by default.
* No Indexes Do not use any indexes. Any browser that accesses this directory will see a list of all files in the directory.
* Standard Indexing (text only) Prevents browsers from viewing the contents of this directory. The browser receives a 403 (Forbidden) error. This option should be used for directories that do not contain image files.
* Fancying Indexing (graphics) Prevents browsers from viewing the contents of this directory. The browser receives a 403 (Forbidden) error. This option should be used for directories that do contain image files.
To change index settings for a directory:
1- Click on the Index Manager button on the home page.
2- Navigate to the folder that you want to alter and click on its name.
3- Click on the radio button next to the option that you want to use for this folder.
4- Click on the Save button.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
What is CPanel?
CPanel is a fully featured web-based control panel that allows you to manage your domain through...