By configuring e-mail forwarders in cPanel, you can automatically forward a message from one e-mail account to another e-mail account. You can also do the following:
- Forward messages from one account to multiple accounts by creating multiple forwarders.
- Forward messages from a non-existent account to another account. For example, even though you may not have an email@example.com e-mail account configured on your server, you can still set up a forwarder that forwards messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to another account.
To add an e-mail forwarder in cPanel, follow these steps:
- In the Mail section of the cPanel home screen, click Forwarders.
- Click .
- In the Address to Forward text box, type the e-mail address that you want to forward.
- Select a destination for the forwarded message:
- To forward the message to another address, type the e-mail address in the Forward to e-mail address text box.
- To discard the message and send an error to the sender, click Discard with error to sender (at SMTP time). You can also optionally set the text for the error message that the sender receives.