Autoresponders are e-mail messages that are sent automatically when an e-mail arrives for a specific e-mail account. Autoresponders are most commonly used for an "Out of Office" style message to inform your correspondents that you are not available, without you having to reply manually. You can have more than one autoresponder on one account. You can use plain text or include HTML code in the autoresponder, and choose from a wide variety of character sets.
To add an auto responder in cPanel, follow these steps:
- In the Mail section of the cPanel home screen, click Auto Responders.
- Click .
- Under Character Set, select the character set that you want the auto responder to use.
- In the Interval text box, type the interval in hours that the auto responder will wait to send multiple responses to the same e-mail address.
- In the Email text box, type the e-mail account that the auto responder sends messages for.
- In the From text box, type your name or e-mail address. Alternatively, you can leave this field blank.
- In the Subject text box, type the subject line of the auto response message.
- If you want to include HTML in the message body, select the HTML check box.
- In the Body text box, type the message body.
- Click .